The Institute of Computational Chemistry and Catalysis of the University of Girona organizes the 1st Science Slam to show the most representative research projects of the Institute to a wide audience. A Science Slam is a form of science communication where scientists present their own scientific research work in a short time – 3 minutes each – in front of a non-expert audience. This year the Science Slam will be dedicated to Prof. Ramon Carbó-Dorca with occasion on his 75th anniversary. Prof. Carbó-Dorca was the first director of the Institute of Computational Chemistry and Catalysis and now he is the honorary director.
During the 1st Science Slam, after a short introduction by the current director of the Institute, the following researchers will present his/her research:
- Lluís Blancafort – Lighting up molecular movies
- Anna Company – Taking a closer look to reactive molecules
- Miquel Costas – Biologically inspired inorganic chemistry and catalysis
- Agustí Lledó – Artificial Biomimetic Catalysis for Organic Synthesis
- Sílvia Osuna – Design your own enzyme
- Albert Poater – Single or in couple dancing metal catalysis
- Xavi Ribas – Having fun from supramolecular chemistry to pure organometallic catalysis
- Anna Roglans – Playing with metals to construct complex organic scaffolds
- Miquel Solà – Aromaticity in all its guises
- Marcel Swart – Spinning around in chemistry
Afterwards Prof. Ramon Carbó-Dorca will finish the event with a few personal words under the title:
“A theorem on Gram matrices of a polyhedron”.
The 1st Science Slam will be held at the Aula Magna of the Faculty of Science of the University of Girona on 19th November at 12h30?. It is an event included in the Science week 2015. All of you are very welcome!
Update, some pictures of the event:
Pingback: Second edition of Science Slam IQCC, November 24, 12.00h – IQCC