The IQCC is starting a new series of online talks to address challenges in the research fields where the IQCC is playing a role, through the investigations of one of the Principal Investigators. An external expert is invited to give a seminar, together with one of the junior researchers of the IQCC. These complementary views will highlight the current state-of-the-art on that topic, discuss possible bottlenecks and how they are being solved, and will provide an outlook into the future.
The kickoff of the series will take place next week, Thursday September 23, and deals with Excited State Aromaticity. The IQCC Challenges will be held online through the GoToMeet platform, and is free to attend to anyone interested in the topic. Please register if you would like to join us at the kickoff meeting next week, or have a look at the upcoming topics!
IQCC Challenges – Live talks
- Excited state aromaticity, September 23 (M. Solà, H. Ottoson, S. Escayola)
- 14.30h (CEST) – Welcome and Introduction by Prof. Miquel Solà (IQCC-University of Girona, Spain)
- 14.35h (CEST) – Prof. Henrik Ottosson (University of Uppsala, Sweden): Putting Baird’s Rule on Excited State Aromaticity and Antiaromaticity into Action
- 15.30h (CEST) – MSc. Sílvia Escayola (IQCC-University of Girona, Spain): Tuning the Aromaticity of Excited Conjugated Rings
- Machine Learning for excited states, November 25 (Ll. Blancafort, P. Dral, D. Bosch)
- Bioinspired catalysis applied to enantioselective C-H functionalization, January 27, 2022 (M. Costas)
- Enzyme design, March 24, 2022 (S. Osuna)
- TBA, May 26, 2022 (A. Pla-Quintana)
We are looking forward to seeing you at the IQCC Challenges – Live Talks!
Girona, September 16, 2021
More info: email@example.com