The workshop will cover the theory and applications of the various XRF spectrometric techniques, from the well stablished to the emerging topics.
The program will consist on several lectures, given by international and national recognized speakers and practical sessions which will include hands on activities using different x-ray fluorescence based configurations: TXRF , EDXRF and micro-EDXRF.
Attendees will have the opportunity to bring up questions on specific topics or applications for discussion in the workshop.
Topics of discussion:
· Sample preparation strategies for XRF analysis
· Quantification methodology
· State-of-the-Art of commercial lab-made XRF instrumentation (WDXRF, EDXRF, TXRF, micro-XRF)
· XRF spectrometry applications (Theoretical and practical sessions)
Theoprax-XRF 2015 is organized by the Department of Chemistry of the University of Girona and the Institute of Earth Science Jaume Almera of the Spanish Council for Scientific Research, CSIC.
Local Organizing Committee:
· Dr. Eva Marguí (UdG)
· Dr. Manuela Hidalgo (UdG)
· Dr. Ignasi Queralt (ICTJA-CSIC)
Please do not hesitate to contact the organizers if you require any additional information or assistance.
Departament de Química
Universitat de Girona
Campus Montilivi, s/n
17071 Girona (Spain)
+34 972 418 190